The department was incepted in the year of 1947 as an intermediate department teaching Pre university course. It was further upgraded as an undergraduate department in the year 1957 with the sanctioned strength of 50 students. The department was conferred as Post graduate Department in the year 1962 with sanctioned PG strength of 20 and it further promoted as Post Graduate and Research department in the year 1967.
In the field of higher education, we are committed to achieve excellence through a standard curriculum pertaining to the research relevant to the society and employment for the Nation building.
Up-dating the Syllabus.,Equipping Laboratory resources.,Reinforcing a sound Alumni- Department rapport.,Staff /Student visit to National /International Labs.,Fund generation through Projects..